FALL 2016 AUDITIONS
Auditions will be held Saturday and Sunday, September 10 and 11 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
HOW DO I SIGN UP? To sign up for an audition time, please fill out our audition form. We will get back to you afterward with your audition time.
For the audition, please prepare a verse and chorus or bridge and chorus from a song of your choice. We suggest doing more modern stuff: rock, pop, alternative, R&B, and so on. Stay away from classical, opera, foreign ballads, or showtunes. Oh, also have a good joke planned. We’re serious. When you come to your audition, knock on the door and one of us will give you an application. Just fill out the app, and wait to be called. We’ll follow up with you about call-backs and so on. Break a leg!
- How often are auditions?
- Do I need previous singing experience to get in?
- How much time does being in The Gentleman of the Hall take up?
- Can I be involved in the Theatre Dept. and the Gentlemen at the same time?
- What should I prepare for my audition?
- Is there time for me to beatbox/do vocal percussion during my audition?
- How many spots are you looking to fill?
- Is it harder to get in Spring semester?
- If I don’t get in, can I try out again?
- What if I can’t be there during the audition time?
We hold auditions at the beginning of each semester.
Not necessarily – in fact, some of our best singers have never sung in any conventional settings.
We rehearse 3 days a week for around 2 hours each day. On top of that, we usually perform at least twice a month. However, we accommodate rehearsals and gigs around individual schedules.
Sure! We’ve had members do it before, just balance your schedule accordingly.
Just prepare and perform a song that best shows off your voice,
We focus on how well you sing during auditions first, but if you want to do some vocal percussion afterwards, that would be awesome.
We never go into a semester looking for a specific number of guys. If you’re good enough to get in, you’re good enough to get in.
No. Most people try out in the fall semester, but we’re always looking for guys.
There is no limit on how many times you can try out. We encourage guys to come out and try again. We’ve accepted guys before who didn’t make the group the first time around.
You can e-mail us at email@example.com and we can try to work an audition in around your schedule.